Sunday, August 1, 2010

Spectacles




My Great Father tints each fiber of my life with colors so full and vibrant they are staggering.  Each thread is carefully dyed. The hues range farther than the rainbow.   He runs the strands through His fingers and measures their weight.  He twists individual strings around each other for durability and strength.  He weaves these fibers into complicated patterns using every color in His palate. Sometimes he knits dramatic landscapes of monochrome pigments, breath taking!  He does all this because His great heart breaks to show me how much He loves me… and I am color blind.

I see black, white and shades of gray.  I miss the subtle blending, the bold contrasts and the expressions of His love.  My perceptions blur His designs and misinterpret His intents.

But He gave me
glasses.  With them the lines are
clearer and the shapes hold true.  I have to believe my life is colorful, believe He has painted it with His love and “for now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” 1 Cor 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment