Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Motivator


"For the joy that was set before Him endured the cross." (Heb. 12:2)
There was one hope, one great desire that motivated Christ through countless ages to push forward toward the cross. It was expressed in a myriad of daydreams...
I will get to prepare the best food for them and then I will have dinner with them. "I will give to eat from the tree of life." ( Rev. 3:7); "I will give to eat of the hidden manna." (Rev. 2:17) "I...will sup with him, and he with me." (Rev. 2:7)
I will get to spend time just sitting and talking with them. 
"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne." (Rev.) 3: 21
I will serenade them.
"The Lord...will joy over thee with singing."(Zeph. 3:17)
I will give them special gifts. 
"I will give...him a white stone, and in that stone a new name written." (Rev. 2:17) "I will give him the morning star." (Rev. 2:28)
I will get to give them a great new outfit
"He that overcometh...shall be clothed in white." (Rev. 3:5)
I will marry them to me and be with them forever. 
"As the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee." (Isa. 62:5) "Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given e be with me where I am." (John 17:24)

To sum it up, being with me was the great motivator. Does the thought of being with Him motivate me?

No comments:

Post a Comment