Saturday, July 21, 2012

Racham. Plural (part 2)

For forty weeks and 24/7, love bathed each of my babies.  My lungs breathed so they didn't need to.  My heart beat to give them blood.  I ate things they were unable to digest.  Every cell in me; every thought, every feeling centered around the growing fetus.  I talked to it.  I sang to it. I prayed for it.  I lived my life for it.  A mothers love for her unborn baby is tender and deep.  I believe there may be no words on the planet to express it, yet in Hebrew God multiplies racham to denote that kind of love.  It is defined as "compassion (in the plural); by extension the womb (as cherishing the fetus)..."

Lamentations 3:22 says, "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions (racham) fail not."  God loves us with the same tender compassionate care that mothers have for their babies.  He breathed life into us.  His heart pumped blood to save us.  He drank the bitter cup because we could not do it and survive.  He speaks to us..."And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying,  This is the way, walk ye it in.." Isaiah 30:21.  He sings to us..."The Lord thy God...will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love He will joy over thee with singing."  Zephaniah 3:17  He prays for us..."I pray for them...which Thou hast given me."  John 17:9  He died and lives for us..."For in Him we live, and move, and have our being...for we are also His offspring."  Acts 17:28

There are no words in the universe to describe God's love for us,  it is racham multiplied by omnipotence!

No comments:

Post a Comment