Sunday, October 7, 2012

Imagine

Elijah slept with an angel at his side.  His exhaustion blurred the surprise of being touched by a holy hand, but that guardian angel did not leave his post because Elijah was unmindful.  No, God's mighty warrior watched Elijah like a mother watching her new born baby.
The man of God was cradled in the wilderness...
The elements swaddled him...
The angel sang lullabies...

Can you see it? 

I see it.  I see God and all eternity bending over the windows of heaven to measure Elijah's breathing...
I see Jesus' eyes filling with tears of wonder at the bedraggled man laying in the dirt.  "Poor thing," he says,  "He thinks he is a complete failure.  If he only knew.  He is so strong in his weakness; strong in my strength. Angel, go sooth my tired son." 

"He makes Himself real in the imagination." (DPW)
What else is it for, if not to see Jesus....
Use it today...

No comments:

Post a Comment