Saturday, January 26, 2013

Open Fields

He said, "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like  crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1:18)



As this snow fall covers the land I see hope for the future.


I see that my stoney heart can be covered by the beauty of Christ's life.


I see lawns...



and fields...
that had been fully exposed covered with millions of purifying flakes.



I see that the snow can stick to...



...vertical things.


And that it has the appearance of wool.


I also see that although the snow can shroud most things...


there are self protected places which are not touched.


I see that things ensconced from the elements...


or standing tall and erect
are not graced by the humble blanket.


I see there are structures built specifically to keep the snow out...


havens of safety, cradled against the weather.


From inside these shelters, the snow is beautiful


but does not cover....


Though the elements bite, I choose to be an open field; hidden under the cleansing weight of promise.





No comments:

Post a Comment