Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Job 42:12

"So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning." Job 42:12

That is my experience.  That is why I write this blog.  The post called Renovation explains it all, but some days it is harder to walk on that fact then others.  Today is one of those days.

Like many other Americans, my husband was unemployed for a year.  During that time we exhausted all our resources.  But by God's mercy Pat was able to get another job.  To take the job we had to leave our home, our friends and family.  But leaving home meant gaining work and work was essential.

Today, we signed the papers to give up our home in Massachusetts.  It was as hard to write our names this morning as it was to drive the moving truck up the hill and away from our home, on the morning of June 14, 2012. But still, there are things to hold on to and keep.  Here is one of them:

"One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life...For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me...I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."  Psalm 27: 4, 5, 13, 14


Although today, it is hard to see; I want to declare to the world that I believe I will see the goodness of the Lord, even here in the prairie away from the hills of New England.  I believe that He is our refuge and our sustenance.  I am convinced that He has our good in view and can achieve it.  I will reject my sorrow and set my jaw like flint to seek His face.  And although, over the last year and a half, life has broken our hearts more than once, we will take that deep, deep breath that signals the end of tears and sigh in the confidence of God's care.  Surely, the latter end will be more blessed than the beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment