Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Perfectly Clean

From my prayer journal this morning:

 "Father, help me see Your holiness.  I have no concept of what that means, let alone how it is expressed.  Leviticus 11:44 says, "For I am the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy; neither shall ye defile yourselves...."   Strong's Hebrew Dictionary - HOLY - #6918 Defined as: sacred - to be clean"

So all day I have pondered holiness.  I have considered what makes God holy.  I have thought that it is His complete absence of defilement,  His "ultra-cleanliness".  I have meditated on the possibility of me being holy.  Not possible, I am "über-dirty".  I decided that in my own power I cannot be holy, God will have to do it.  But I can follow His prescription,  "neither shall ye defile yourselves...."

So at my meal I refrained from defiling my stomach with an overload of food.  I did the dishes as "unto God", carefully making sure all semblance of defilement was removed.  I spoke to my husband with words of grace, preventing defilement in my tone and content.  But then I checked facebook and opened an ad about upcoming legislation.  In what seemed like a twinkling of my eye, I was defiled.  I did not expect it, but there it was creating a stain on my soul.  Another spot in an already tainted fabric.

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."  (Isaiah 1:18)  That promise brings relief and comfort.  God can clean this dirty soul.  "I had fainted unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."  (Psalm 27:13)  I believe that in this land He will make me perfectly clean.



For Laundry Soap Recipe click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment