Thursday, March 14, 2013

Blinders


"If we keep the Lord ever before us, allowing our hearts to go out in thanksgiving and praise to Him, we shall have a continual freshness in our religious life.  Our prayers will take the form of a conversation with God as we would talk with a friend.  He will speak His mysteries to us personally.  Often there will come to us a sweet joyful sense of the presence of Jesus.  Often our hearts will burn within us as He draws nigh to commune with us as He did with Enoch." Christ Object Lessons p 103.1

I would trade everything for this.  The interesting thing is that God is not asking me to give up my life to gain communion with Him.  All He asks is my thoughts and heart.  And that is the problem.  The things He lets me keep, keep me from Him. A conundrum.  A solution?  Put on blinders and see only Jesus.  That is what He calls me to do.  That is His example.  "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross..." (Hebrews 12:2)






No comments:

Post a Comment