Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hosanna, part 1


"Hosanna, to the son of David." Matthew 21: 9

Hosanna is a perfect word.  It is for use in moments of ultimate jubilation.  While children laid palm branches at Christ's feet, the multitude offered sacrifices of joy by crying, hosanna.  But hosanna's beauty out shines what can be said in a parade.   It also expresses ultimate need.  In Psalm 118:25 the word means "help" or "save, I pray."  It has also been translated to urgently say "save, now!"

This word is perfect for our fractured world, it is perfect for our damaged hearts.  On earth we have joy with sorrow and tears with a smile.  I love this concept of hosanna, for when I am weak I can say, "Hosanna to the Son of David".  When joy overwhelms me, again I can sing, "Hosanna to the Son of David".  One word puts God exactly where He belongs, in the middle of everything we experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment