Sunday, August 19, 2012

Songs for Sorrow, part five

"When the waves of death compassed me,
     the floods of ungodly men made me afraid; 
the sorrows of hell compassed me about;
     the snares of death prevented me;
In my distress I called upon the Lord,
     and cried to my God:
And He did hear my voice out of His temple,
     and my cry did enter into His ears."
2 Samuel 22:5-7

My Shepherd by Michael Card on Grooveshark

 My Shepherd by Michael Card
 The Lord is my Shepherd
And so I lack nothing
 In meadows of green grass He lets me lie down
 Beside the still waters He patiently leads me
Restoring my soul,
For His holy Namesake
He guides me by right paths
Though I may stray to The veil of deep darkness
 I fear no evil For You are there with me
Beside me Your rod and staff
They comfort me

 You prepare a table
Before my enemies
My head you've anointed
My cup's overflowing
Your goodness and mercy
Will follow me all the days of my life
And I'll make my home place
In the house of the Lord
And I'll make my home place
In the house of the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment