Saturday, August 18, 2012

Songs for Sorrow, part four

It is inevitable that our paths will lead into darkness.  "Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted..." (Matthew 4:1)  When walking in darkness it is crucial to only take one step at a time.


Lead, Kindly Light (New A Cappella Arrangement by James Stevens) by Byu Vocal Point on Grooveshark


Lead Kindly Light
lyrics by John Henry Newman


Lead, kindly Light, amid th’encircling gloom!
The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years!

So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still will lead me on.
O’er moor and fen, o’er crag and torrent, till the night is gone,
And with the morn those angel faces smile, which I
Have loved long since, and lost awhile!



No comments:

Post a Comment