Friday, August 17, 2012

Songs for Sorrow, part three

Sometimes we get confused in the dark places. We loose our way and can even forget who we are.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the confidence of Job.  To be sure of our Father and His love for us even in sorrow.  "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him..." Job 19:26

Oh, Father Of Jesus by Michael Card on Grooveshark


Oh Father of Jesus
by Michael Card


Hold me now, Oh, Father of Jesus
Sheltered, safe, asleep in your arms
No other place can promise protection
A fortress from pain and a haven from harm

Hold me now, Oh, Father of Jesus
Sometimes I fear the dark of the night
Your kindness kindles the stars in the heavens
Your love is the reason the moon gives us light

Just You and I, and one holy moment
Together if I have eyes that can see
Open my ears that I might hear You whisper
Of Your tender longing for me

Now I know, Oh Father of Jesus
My hope lies in belonging to You
Never again will I live like a stranger
My heart understands now that You’re my Father too.

No comments:

Post a Comment