Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Waters (part five)

It had not rained since we moved here to Michigan.  Hot and dry for weeks, the grass had died.  But as I left work and began walking home, it rained.  It poured!  The thunder clouds shone and sang their terrible songs.  The people in the street scurried for shelter, but I slowed my stride.

The rain bathed me.  The drops on my face mingled with my own.  And in the midst of that storm the Lord came and promised He understood.  In the midst of the flood He was there.  "Thou tellest my wanderings: put Thou my tears into Thy bottle: are they not in Thy book?"  Psalms 56:8

Having to move, leaving home and comfort has cost our family much.  But we can praise Him because, "If I ascend up into heaven, Thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, Thou art there, If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall Thy hand lead me, and Thy right hand shall hold me.  If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea the darkness hideth not from Thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee"  Psalms 139: 8-12

Darkness or light; mountains or valley's; rain or shine all are alike to our Father. No thing unsettles Him.  No problem overwhelms Him.  He is constant.  And He is constant with us. Even in dark water He is there with us. "And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."  (Genesis 1:2)  He moves the water, moving waters are waves. The Lord in His goodness creates waves of mercy during our sorrow.  They bathe us in His love.  They buoy us and keep us from drowning.

No comments:

Post a Comment