Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Heart Like Hannah's

"And Hannah prayed and said, My heart rejoiceth in the Lord, mine horn is exalted in the Lord... because I rejoice in thy salvation.  There is none holy as the Lord: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God...He will keep the feet of His saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.  The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall He thunder upon them; the Lord shall judge the ends of the earth; and He shall give strength unto His king and exalt the horn of His anointed.  And Elkanah went to Ramah to his house. And the child did minister unto the Lord..." 1 Samuel 2:1-11

I sent my daughter, my only daughter, off on God's errand.  While she was still home I asked the Lord to knit my heart like Hannah's.  I asked for the blessing of joy in sorrow, I asked to praise Him as I sent my girl away for a year.

My Girl dreamt of the faraway and beyond.
By God's grace now she is there.
The things that the Lord can do in us are beyond understanding.  My heart was full of thoughts of what He would accomplish in her and through her.   I was so proud of her as she walked through security  with purpose and determination.  She did not look back in longing sorrow.  She went forward answering God's call.  She walked away from us like a warrior on a mission.  She grew between the TSA passport check and the metal detector.  What a beautiful thing to behold in my little girl.  She left us in the strength of the Lord. We watched her go, with praise in our mouths for God's goodness and the salvation of those He will reach through her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment