Sunday, September 16, 2012

Every Page, (part two)

"God’s holy, educating Spirit is in His word. A light, a new and precious light, shines forth from every page. Truth is there revealed, and words and sentences are made bright and appropriate for the occasion, as the voice of God speaking to the soul." Ellen G White – {COL 132.2}

In my first post entitled Every Page  I shared from my journal, how God uses the Bible to candidly speak to us about our personal lives.  Today, I will share a situation that occurred earlier today.Now, just to let you know how the Lord speaks to my soul, each morning after prayer I write in my journal and unburden my heart before my Father.  Afterwards I go to my regularly scheduled Bible Study.  I ask Him to bring to light what He wishes to communicate to me in the scheduled reading.  This is what happened yesterday.

I should preface this by saying that my daughter is in Southeast Asia. This is her first time away from home.  On her way there communication was sketchy, she ended up having to sleep overnight in the Bankok airport, and once she arrived at her destination we received news she was safe, but not from her.  A couple of days later, we got two cryptic emails from her that there were problems with internet. It was not until 8 days after leaving her at Chicago, Ohare Airport, that I was confident she was safe and that was only when we were able to speak on Face Time.  At that time we made an appointment to speak on Face Time for this morning.

Needless to say: this "Helicopter" Mom was on hyper-alert during the first week she was away and I spoke to God about that this morning.

September 16, 2012
Before I read in the Bible Lord, I thank you for showing me how "hyper-vigilant" I was when I could not be in touch with Nikki...I suspect that I will be put to the test today if she does not call on Face Time.  I ask for a lovely, meek and trusting heart....

I did not even finish the sentence when the Face Time tone rang... Joy filled me at the thought of seeing my little girl on line!  But the connection would not work.  We tried for 30 minutes.  Then she had to stop trying.  I do not know what the "rules" about internet access are where she is, but she could not chat on her email and was only able to send a note saying that we would have to try later and that her heart was sorrowing.  The sound of her heart cry broke my heart...it still does' but I took her tears and my own to the Lord.

Back to my journal:

...So quickly the test came for her and me...The wifi connection failed.  Her email breaks my heart.  Please come very close to her and comfort her.  Especially as she goes to bed.  Let your light fill her room.  I know that in time she will be all right and I thank you for that.

1 Kings 17:18 "And she said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God?  Art thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and slay my son?"
This poor woman lost all contact with her child, even though she had been God's obedient servant; but You dear Father restored that connection. I thank you for my daughters small trial, it will strengthen her. Let large and plenteous fruit grow from this experience.  Develop all that is possible from this disappointment and comfort her, just as you have comforted me. Play songs of gratitude in her heart and help her catch the strain of the melodies.
1 Kings 17:19 "And he said unto her, Give me thy son...And he took him out of her bosom.."
This is the only way to get our children "back"; to yield them up to You without reservation.  Please speak to her as clearly as You are speaking to me.  Will you please do that?  Today?  You are a FAther who loves communion with His children...I thank you.  I know you will be with her.
1 Kings 17:21 "O Lord my God, I pray Thee, let this child's soul come into him again."
I pray for Your Holy Spirit to come into her and keep her.  Elijah begged this three times and then the answer came.  I already sense Your comfort through these verses.  Is there more I need to ask for her?
1 Kings 17:24 "Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the Lord in thy mouth is truth."
I ask that through this situation she know that Your words are true, and that she will not only find comfort but a clearer knowledge of Your presence.

Gentle Reader, what is God waiting to communicate with you on Every Page?
We spoke with Nikki at 7:30 pm and all our hearts are filled with filial love.




No comments:

Post a Comment