Monday, September 17, 2012

Afterglow, Our High Priest, part three



af-ter-glow
noun
The atmospheric glow that remains for a short time after sunset.









Yes, the wonderful lingering glow of speaking with my daughter yesterday (see Every Page, part two) lighted the night and remains today.  The joy was actually a physical phenomenon.  My chest seemed filled with electricity that wanted to shine out of my skin, just like the apostles walking the Emmaus road, "did not our heart burn within us, while He talked with us by the way?" (Luke 24:32)

Last night, as I bowed my head in gratitude, a question popped into my head. "Do you think God feels the same way when He gets to communicate with you?" 

Wow!  New thought...Does God's heart burn within Him when I spend time communicating with Him?  The logical answer is yes, but, think about it... 

Creator of the universe, King of glory, General of legions of mighty angels responds to me talking with Him by His eyes filling with happy tears and His heart feeling like it will burst with joy.  He rehearses the things I say with the angels around the throne.  And they in turn gather around the "computer screen" watching as the conversation progresses.  And the next day as I wake up, His big heart still carries the embers of our conversation. 

Another new thought...Wouldn't it be great to purposely make God's great heart sing with joy every day? To kindle the cinders in His heart and know that radiant supernova's will spring from His joy?  To watch as the light waves illuminate the darkness in this world. Oh, amazing, that we have power to touch the heart of God!  But it is reasonable, "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with...feeling..." (Hebrews 4:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment